Saturday 20 December 2014

Review: Last Dragon Standing by G.A. Aiken


The Blurb
I know what they see when they look at me. The charming, soft-spoken dragoness bred from the most powerful of royal bloodlines. A disguise strong than any battle shield that allows me to keep all suitors at tail's length. A technique that's worked until him. Until Ragnar the Cunning, handsome barbarian warlord and warrior mage from the desolate Northlands. Unlike those who've come before him, he does not simply submit to my astounding charm and devastating smile. Instead he dismisses me as vapid, useless and, to my great annoyance, rather stupid.

Yet I'll allow no male to dismiss me. Soon he'll learn my worth, my many skills, and the strength of my will. For this one challenges me enough to make me want to ruthlessly taunt him, tease him and, finally, when the trap is set, bring him to his knees.

My Review
In this book we learn that Keita is more than the slut we all presume her to be. As I read books 1-3 and noticed Keita’s behavior, I presumed (and feared) Ms. Aikens would get really raunchy with this story. I was wrong. The romance was sweet in many ways. Even the sex scenes were tame compared to the other stories. I enjoyed that Ms. Aikens thwarted me, once again with her brilliant writing.

I liked Ragnar from book 3. He’s perfect for Keita. He’s as logical a thinker as she is (although she throws more emotion into her schemes).

As always I loved how I got to catch up with the other characters. Annwyl is still the most awesome heroine!

I give this romance four out of five dress shaped chocolate bars.


I purchased this book from Amazon as a book bundle. If you only want the individual book then click here.

2 comments:

  1. She was quite the surprise! I had a good time with this one too. Man I really need to do a re-read of these so I can read this last one that came out. Been way too long since the others to just jump back in I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be starting the 5th one soon, but I think she does a great job of catching us up on everyone's story. G.A. Aiken rocks!

      Delete

I love reading your comments.