Saturday 8 November 2014

Review: The Blind Date by Delaney Diamond #InterracialRomance


The Blurb
One night changes everything . . . again. 
Years ago, when Ryan Stewart saw Shawna Ferguson, it was love at first sight. Unfortunately, he wasn’t a free man, and his deception caused him to lose her after a weekend that changed his life.

When Shawna’s sister and brother-in-law set her up on a blind date, she has no idea it’s with Ryan, with whom she’d spent a weekend she wishes she could forget. She reluctantly agrees to finish the date with him, but doing so leaves her vulnerable to his charms and the heat he ignited in her that very first night.

My Review
This is the second book I have read by Ms. Diamond. The first one was sweet. Now I know she can also get downright hot with her romances.

One thing I didn’t appreciate when I started reading the book was the mistake Ryan made years ago when they first met. My jaw dropped at one point because I was so shocked. When they met again at the restaurant, I wanted to punch him in the face. It didn’t take long for Ms. Diamond to switch me over me from being angry with him to rooting for him. Now that’s some great writing.

Shawna was strong, fiercely determined, and just plain awesome. Just the way I like my heroines.

From the moment they meet to the moment the book ends the heat and attraction is almost palpable. This was one of the reasons I ended up wanting the relationship to work.

I give this book five out of five table shaped chocolates (you’ll understand once you read the book).


I purchased Blind Date from Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments.